TERM OF SERVICE
THIS DOCUMENT IS AN ELECTRONIC RECORD IN TERMS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000 AND RULES THERE UNDER AS APPLICABLE AND THE AMENDED PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO ELECTRONIC RECORDS IN VARIOUS STATUTES AS AMENDED BY THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000. THIS ELECTRONIC RECORD IS GENERATED BY A COMPUTER SYSTEM AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PHYSICAL OR DIGITAL SIGNATURES.
1.1. Use of the Site is available only to individuals who are "competent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are incompetent to contract under the said Act such as minor, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use this Site. The Company shall not be liable in any manner for usage of the Site by a person who is not competent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
1.2. Additionally, players residing in Assam, Orissa or Telangana cannot join the Site because local laws prohibit them from doing so. The local government of these states and/or the Government of India can press charges against players from these states who are members of the SiteWe absolutely do not accept members from these two states and if a player residing in these states is caught using our Site then we reserve the right to terminate their membership without notice and confiscate their winnings and/or deposit, whatever the case may be. You accept that PokerHigh.com will not be liable to take any responsibility for the breach of the user of applicable state laws. Please ensure that you are following your local laws and do not breach them under any circumstances.
2. Membership and Registration
2.1. Provision of Information
- In order to play the games on the Site, the user must first register with the Site. For the purpose of registration, the user will be required to provide such personal information as may be mandated by the Company on the Site which will include, name, email address, etc. The Company shall further have the right to see proof of any of the information submitted by the User including proof of identity, age, residence etc. whether before or after the registration of the User. Failure to provide such information may disentitle a User from registration with the Company and may also result in a termination of the membership with the Company.
- After this step is complete, applicants will receive confirmation of registration via email from the Company.
2.2. Creation of Account
- On registration with the Site, an account will be created in the name of the User which can be accessed only by the User.
- In order to access the services provided on the Site, the User will be required to provide enter his/her login and password as chosen by the User at the time of registration on the Site as a member. You will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the login and password as opted by you and not share/or disclose it to any other person. The Site shall not liable for the actions of third parties who have been granted access to member accounts by said members.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that the account maintained on the Site is purely for the purpose of payment of the entry/subscription fee to participate in games/tournaments made available on the Site. We require you to give us your PAN (Permanent Account Number) so that we can follow the rules laid down by the Income Tax Department of India and deduct TDS where directed.
2.3. Terms governing membership
- Please note that the membership is for individuals and must be considered as private membership which is not transferable. You cannot lend, rent or allow another person to use it under any circumstances.
- By registering with the Site and providing your mobile number, you expressly acknowledge and allow us to send SMS communications to you not withstanding your registration with DND list.
- The Company and its representatives have the sole right to give membership to applicants and may, where it deems necessary, reject the grant of membership to Users as it deems fit.
- We believe in fair play so employees or people that have authorization to work on our software and servers are not allowed to join the website or play at any of the tables. The servers will be placed in confidential locations so that they cannot be influenced by non-authorized personnel in any way.
- You acknowledge that you are participating in the online games provided on the Site knowing that you may face a risk of monetary loss as a result of such participation. You acknowledge that Your participation in a game/tournament is at your own risk and the Company shall have no responsibility to you for any such loss that arises in the course of your participation in the online services offered by the Site.
- Once the tournament/ game commences and you cannot play because of hardware and/or software issues at your end then you must acknowledge we are not responsible for these issues and you shall not be entitled to any compensation from the Company on account of the same.
- You agree, understand and acknowledge that you will use your account with us solely for the purpose of playing on the website and for any other transactions with us which you may have to carry out with respect to your usage of the services provided on the Site.
- You agree that it shall be your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your user id, password as well as the safe keeping of the device through which the Site is being or may be accessed. In addition to the above, you shall be responsible to ensure that your account is not used in an unauthorized manner to access and avail the services on the Site. You further agree that the Company has the absolute right to refuse access to the Site, change or edit content or delete accounts, as it may deem fit.
4. Intellectual property
4.1. All Site content, design, text, graphics, trademarks, brand name, images, logos, buttons, icons, interfaces, audio and video clips, and the selection and arrangements thereof are the exclusive property of the Company, and are protected by the Indian laws. All software used on the Site is the property of the Company, and such software is protected by copyright laws and other laws and treaties. Any use of this Site or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited.
When you use the Site or send emails or other data, information or communication to the Company, you agree and understand that you are communicating with the Company through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from the Company periodically, as and when required. The Company may communicate with you by email or by any other mode of communication.
6. Accuracy of content
The Company has been very cautious in the preparation of the content of the Site including but not limited to description, images, charges, guides etc. The Company shall not be bound by any clerical / typographical errors or omissions in posting such information.
7. User Obligation
7.1. The users while accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Site shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any manner;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, design or other proprietary/intellectual property rights of the Company or of any third party;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
7.2. The users, as and when required, shall provide true and accurate information, and shall at all times, while accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Site, abide by all the policies of the Site.
7.3. It is understood that you are accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Site at your sole risk and that you are using your best and prudent judgment before accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Site. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and you shall be responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password.
8. Online Conduct
User agrees not to use the Site for –
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material.
- Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice.
- Gaining unauthorized access to other computer / network/ mobile systems.
- Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Site/App.
- Breaching any applicable laws.
- Interfering or disrupting other networks or websites or programs connected to the Site.
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of the information protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- Undertaking transactions with the use of fictitious accounts or for fraudulent transactions or transactions which are fake or to undertake any activity which may result in or is aimed and intended to cause wrongful loss to the Company.
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or program to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, 'flooding,' 'spamming', 'mail bombing' or 'crashing;'
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services to or by using the Site; or
- Violations of system or network or program security, which may result in civil or criminal liability.
- The Company will endeavor to provide all product and services related information and the users are advised to be informed of all such information before purchasing/using the products and services from the Site. It is understood that the Company is not responsible for any reaction or any failure of a services to satisfy any special use requirements or otherwise meet the needs or expectations of the users. All materials and information presented by the Company are intended to be used for informational purposes only.
- The services on the Site/App are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis, without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing.
- The Company will not be liable to you in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Site. The Company makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website remains free of viruses or other harmful components. However, the Company does not warrant that the Site, information, content, materials, products (including software) included on or otherwise made available to you through the Site, servers, or electronic communication sent from the Site are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the Site will be constantly available or available at all. Use of the services on the Website is at such user's own risk and the Company shall not be responsible for any costs of servicing, repair or correction of their systems.
- The Company shall not be responsible or assume liability in the event there arises any loss or damage to you, by availing the methods of payment available on the Site, due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by you and between "Bank/s", or any other payment gateway or organization or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
10. User Comments, Feedback and Other Submissions
- Users of this Site/App may post reviews, comments and other content; send communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." In the event a user uses a false e-mail address, impersonates any person or entity, or otherwise misleads as to the origin of any content, the Company reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove, refuse, delete or edit any content that in the sole judgment of the Company violates these Terms and, or terminate your permission to access or use this Site/App.
- All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered on or by this Site/App or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Site/App (collectively, "Comments") shall be and remain the Company’s property. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions shall constitute an assignment to the Company of all worldwide right, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to the Comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions. Thus, the Company will own exclusively all such right, title and interest and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. The Company is, and shall be, under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions in confidence or (2) to pay any person any compensation for any Comments; feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions.
- You acknowledge and understand that the Company provides its services to several customers and several users may post comments/reviews, feedbacks suggestions etc. Consequently, it may not be possible for the Company to be aware of the contents of each such comment/review that is displayed. Accordingly, the Company operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you believe that any content on the Site / App is illegal, offensive (including but not limited to material that is sexually explicit content or which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm), deceptive, misleading, abusive, indecent, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic or menacing; ethnically objectionable, disparaging; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or relates to or promotes money laundering or gambling; or is harmful to minors in any way; or impersonates another person; or threatens the unity, integrity, security or sovereignty of India or friendly relations with foreign States; or objectionable or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or which consists of or contains software viruses, (" Objectionable Content "), please notify us immediately by copying the contents of such review and emailing the same to our grievance officer as listed on the Site/App along with reason for your objections. The Company shall, upon receipt of such notice, make all reasonable endeavours to remove such Objectionable Content complained about within a reasonable time.
11. Customer Service Department / Grievance Redressal
- In order to address any queries in relation to the Site and to improve the services provided with the use of the Site, we encourage our Users accessing the Site to post feedbacks/comments/reviews on Site. Additionally, we have also provided a grievance redressal mechanism which enables the Users of the Site to upload their specific objections/comments/reviews pertaining to the Site.
- By accessing/using the Site, you specifically acknowledge and understand that the Company has invested and continues to invest significant amounts towards the development and maintenance of the Site and that any negative feedback/comment/review may cause severe losses to the Company especially where the Company has not had the opportunity to address such comment/review. Consequently, in order to prevent such wrongful loss, you, the User specifically agree not to post any negative feedback/comment/review whether on the Site or on any public domain without first bringing the same to the notice of the Customer Service Department specifying your feedback and further permitting the Company through its Customer Service Department to address any issues/queries or feedbacks as provided by you.
- You further understand and acknowledge that failure on your part to consult with the grievance redressal officer and posting /uploading or otherwise disseminating any negative comments/feedbacks without providing any opportunity to the Company to address your grievances/issues shall entitle the Company to proceed against you, the User for damages for any losses suffered by the Company. Any claim for damages shall be in addition to the rights for injunctive reliefs since claim for damages may not be a sufficient remedy. The Company shall further be entitled to treat any such feedback/comment to be defamatory / libelous in nature and take appropriate action against the User as it may deem fit.
13. Limitations on Liability
In no event shall the Company be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, incidental, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever even if the Company has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence, or any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use of information, inability to use, or performance of the information available from this Site/App. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. No action or proceeding may be brought against the Company with respect to any claim or dispute arising from the use of this Site/App.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
15. Modification of Terms and conditions
16. Rake Structure