Texas Hold’em has a few simple conditions for splitting the pot but check out these examples to get a clear idea.
If player X, let’s call him Rohan has a King of Spades and a Queen of Clubs and player Y, let’s call him Deepak has King of Hearts and Queen of Diamonds and the community cards are King of Diamonds, 9 of Spades, 8 of Hearts, 5 of Diamonds and 2 of Clubs. Both players have a pair of Kings with 9-8-5 kickers. They split the pot.
If Rohan has a Queen of Hearts with 7 of Clubs and Deepak has Queen of Spades and 2 of Diamonds and the community cards are the Queen of Diamonds, Jack of Clubs. 10 of Spades, 10 of Hearts, 2 of Clubs. Both players hold a two pair, Queens and 10s, with a Jack kicker. They split the pot.
The third and rarest situation of them all is called “Playing the Board”. This is when the player elects to go with only the community cards on the board instead of using any of his hole cards in his final hand. If Rohan has a 2 of Clubs and 7 of Spades, Deepak has 4 of Hearts and 8 of Clubs and Player C has a 10 of Spades and 6 of Diamonds and the community cards are Ace of Hearts, Spades, Clubs and Diamonds as well a King of Spades. Then they split the pot because all three players choose to play the board as their best hand.
Our games run on most modern machines without the need to install additional hardware of software. In case you’re having any trouble playing poker, make sure to check if your computer matches up to the minimum configuration below.
- CPU - Pentium 4 or above is recommended.
- RAM - A minimum of 512MB is recommended.
- Operating System - We support our games on Android, iOS versions as well as other versions of Microsoft Windows including server editions.
- Screen Resolution - 1024x768 is recommended.
- Supported Internet Browsers - Internet Explorer 6 and above, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 and later, Opera 12 and above.
- Speakers are required to listen to Game Sounds.
- For an optimum gameplay experience, all Pop-up blockers must be disabled in your browser, allowing PokerHigh.com to run freely.
- The latest version of Adobe Flash Player should be installed and up to date.
- Internet Connection - We recommend a high-speed broadband connection of 512 Kbps and above, with little or no packet loss and low latency to our servers.
- Please note that the multi-tabling will require a faster connection than what is required for basic Internet use such as browsing and emailing.
- When you get disconnected with the Internet during a game, auto play gets activated and points are calculated based on your grouping.